More destinations in Andaman and Nicobar Islands
Search related to Andaman and Nicobar Islands Tourism
Andaman And Nicobar Islands Tourism Information
- Port Blair
- Best time to visit Andaman and Nicobar Islands:
- December to February (winter season), April to June (summer season) or May to September (monsoon season) is an ideal time to visit Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
Andaman and Nicobar Islands is a union territory of the Indian Republic, which is located in the Indian Ocean in the southern part of the Bay of Bengal. The capital and largest city here is Port Blair. To the east of this archipelago lies the Andaman Sea and to the west the Bay of Bengal. The union territory is made up of approximately 572 small and large islands, out of which only a few islands are inhabited. The STD code for Andaman and Nicobar Islands is 03192.
How to Reach Andaman and Nicobar Islands
- By Air: Airport in Andaman and Nicobar is the only international airport or Port Blair airport is the most prominent to reach the islands from Port Blair, a ship can take assistance from Cochin and Delhi Bhubaneswar, which operates regular flights to Port Blair, can go to Visakhapatnam, Kolkata, Chennai major cities.
- By Road: You have no other means of transport, except for airways, and waterways, to go to Andaman and Nicobar.
- By Train: You have no other means of transport except airways, and waterways to go to Andaman and Nicobar, in about 50-60 hours from Chennai to reach Port Blair by ship, and from Kolkata to Port Blair it takes a little longer to reach. Andaman and Nicobar Islands can also be reached by sea route.