Interesting facts About National Capital Region of India
The National Capital Region (NCR) in India is not only the country's largest capital region but it is proud to be counted among the world's largest capital region. Here We Discuss about Very Interesting facts About National Capital Region of India.
The National Capital Region (NCR) in India is not only the country's largest capital region but it is proud to be counted among the world's largest capital region. There are more than 470000 population in NCR. The NCR includes many cities of Uttar Pradesh Haryana and Rajasthan adjacent to Delhi. These cities of these states make Delhi not only happy and vibrant but also from employment to trade but also educationally and culturally to give a chance to populate a new world.
Here are some interesting facts about NCR:
- Under the National Capital Region Planning Board (NCRPB) Act 1985 three neighboring states - some districts of Haryana Uttar Pradesh and Rajasthan and the capital of India together make NCR.
- The area of Delhi in the entire NCR is 1484 square kilometers. The capital of the country covers 2.9 percent of NCR.
- In the area under NCR districts like Meerut Ghaziabad Gautam Buddha Nagar (Noida) Bulandshahr Baghpat Hapur and Muzaffarnagar in Uttar Pradesh are included.
- Districts like Haryana Faridabad Gurgaon Mewat Rohtak Sonepat Rewari Jhajjar Panipat Palwal Mahendragarh Bhiwadi Jind and Karnal come in NCR.
- Two districts of Rajasthan - Bharatpur and Alwar have been included in NCR.
- In July 2013 three more districts were included in the NCR in which the NCR was extended by the districts of Bhiwadi and Mahendergarh of Haryana state and Bharatpur of Rajasthan state. Now the number of districts in the NCR has increased to 19.
- Uttar Pradesh is now pushing the NCR to include districts such as Aligarh Mathura and Agra.
- In the year 2011-12 all the NCR regions together produced 128.9 US $ US $ in gross domestic product (GDP) which was 7.5 percent of Indian GDP.