Whenever you are going your journey by delhi metro you need to read the tips and rules carefully which are strictly followed by the Delhi metro rail.
- 1). There is need of a valid token or smart card when you entered in metro if you are caught travelling without it you will punished by a fine of Rs. 50/-.
- 2). Smoking, drinking and eating is prohibited inside station premises and metros station or train else you will punished by a fine of Rs. 200/- or more.
- 3). Whenever you buy smartcard the minimum price will be Rs. 100 in which Rs. 50 will be as security charges and will be refundable and rest is your travelling charge.
- 4). Passenger are not to allowed to Carrying flammable material, firearms and explosives in the metro area and it is punishable up to 4 years of imprisonment and a fine up to Rs. 5000/-.
- 5). Pets are not allowed inside the metros.
- 6). Maximum baggage capacity allowed is 15 kg, not exceeding 60*45 cm.
- 7). There are seats are reserved for ladies,children and old persons so please provides the seat to who someone need it more than you.
- 8). Do not sit,or run at the floor inside the metro or moving escalators.
- 9). Stand back from the yellow line at the platform level.
- 10). Don’t try to throw bags metro area.
- 11). Please keep the distance from other passenger.
- 12). Smart card holder must ensure proper entry and exit at the AFC Gates.
- 13). Don’t Smoke, peak in the metro area.
- 14). Give the incident report for the train operator by pressing PEA Button available near the metro gate but if it is not needed then it is a punishable offence.
- 15). Male Passenger Don’t Try to entered in the first coach in the moving direction of the metro train because it is reserved for the female passenger and it is a punishable offence.
Offences within Metro Premises and Penalties
|Drunkenness or nuisance on Metro Railway||Fine upto Rs 500/- and forfeiture of ticket/passess he’s holding|
|Maliciously hurting or attempt to hurt passengers on Metro Railway||Life imprisonment or imprisonment upto 10 years|
|Endangering passenger safety by rash or negligent act or omission||imprisonment upto 1 year or fine or both|
|Endangering passenger safety by willful act or omission||Imprisonment upto 7 years|
|Carrying offensive material||Fine upto Rs. 500/|
|Carrying dangerous material||Imprisonment upto 4 years and fine upto Rs. 5000/-|
|Demonstration, sticking posters, unauthorized graffiti||Imprisonment upto 6 months or fine upto Rs. 1000/- or both|
|Unauthorized entry||Imprisonment upto 3 months or fine upto Rs 250/- or both|
|Walking on the metro track||Improsonment upto 6 months or fine upto Rs 500/- or both|
|Unauthorized selling on Metro Railway||Fine upto Rs 500/- or improsonment upto 6 months|
|Unauthorized sale of tickets||Improsonment upto 3 months or fine upto Rs 500/- or both|
|Obstructing metro operations||Improsonment upto 4 years or fine upto Rs 5000/- or both|
|Obstructing a Metro official from his duties||Imprisonment upto 1 year or fine upto Rs 1000/- or both|
|Traveling withoutticket or beyond authorized distance||Imprisonment upto 1 month or fine upto Rs 50/- or both|
|Needless interference with means of communication, misuse of alarm||Imprisonment upto 1 years of fine upto Rs 1000/- or both|
|Defacing public notices||Imprisonment upto 2 months or fine upto Rs 250/- or both|
|Wrecking trains, track and acts of subotage||Life imprisonment or rigrous imprisonment upto 10 yars or death sentence|
|Damage to Metro Railways property||Imprisonment upto 10 years|
|False claim of compensation||Imprisonment upto 3 yars or fine or both|