The Land of Himachal
The state of Himachal Pradesh is Popularly called as ‘Dev Bhoomi’ or the “Land of the Gods”, The state is the land of several Hindu temples and numerous pilgrimage centers are located in the shadows of the great Himachal Pradesh and is a beautiful hill state in northern India nestled in western Himalayas. As per stats there are more than 2000 temples in the state.
The state is landlocked with the Tibetan plateau to the east, Jammu and Kashmir to the north, and the Punjab to the west. And Himachal is situated on the bank of River Beas, Himachal boasts of much more than just the serene beauty. However the state stands apart from its neighbours in terms of its sheer topographic diversity and breathtaking pristine natural beauty. From vast tracts of high-altitude Trans-Himalayan desert to dense green deodar forests, from apple orchards to cultivated terraces, from snow capped high Himalayan mountain ranges to snow fed lakes and gushing rivers. Himachal Pradesh is considered as a paradise on Earth and is home for many pilgrimage centers and temples. The temples are the centers of attraction for tourists and visitors.
However, the state stands apart from its neighbours in terms of its sheer topographic diversity and breathtaking pristine natural beauty. From vast tracts of high-altitude Trans-Himalayan desert to dense green deodar forests, from apple orchards to cultivated terraces, from snow capped high Himalayan mountain ranges to snow fed lakes and gushing rivers.
It is the place of diverse cultures, land of fare and festivals, land of peace and joy, a place where you can see nature at its best. It is one of the best Memories as known location to spend your holidaysand have a lifetime of a experience.
There are very few places to enjoy the soaring hills, lakes, river, and the historic cities. Himachal Pradesh is located between 30″22′ and 30″12′ north latitude and between 75″47′ and 79″4′ east longitude. Altitude range from 350 to 7,000 mt (1050 to 21000 ft.) above the sea level.
Airports in Himachal Pradesh
- 1) Jubbarhatti Airport, Distric Shimla, 23 km from Shimla Capital city of Himachal Pradesh.
- 2) Gaggal Airport, Distric Kangra, 10 km from Kangra / Dharamshala-14 km
- 3) Bhuntar Airport, Distric Kullu, 10 km from Kullu / Manali -50 km
Best Place To Visit in Hmachal Pradesh
- 1) Dhauladhar and Pir Panjal ranges of Kangra, Shimla region and the Kullu valley.
- 2) Trans-Himalyan regions of Kinnaur, Lahaul and Spiti.
- 3) Other Trekking Trails in Himachal Pradesh
Beas Kund Trek ,Macleod Ganj-Chamba,Kinner Kailash Circuit,Pin Parvati Pass,Manali-Hamta Pass,Triund-Laka Glacier,Sar Pass,Manimahesh Lake,Chanderkhani Pass,Chandertal Lake,Deo Tibba Base Camp,Bashleo Pass,Jalori Pass Sirolsar Lake.
Brief History of the State
The earliest identified inhabitants of the region were tribals known as Dasas. Later, Aryans came and that they assimilated within the tribes. within the later centuries, Capitol Hill chieftains accepted suzerainty of the Mauryan empire, the Kaushans, the Guptas and Kanuaj rulers. throughout the Mughal amount, the Rajas of Capitol Hill states created some reciprocally united arrangements that ruled their relations. within the nineteenth century, Ranjit Singh annexed/subjugated several of the states. once British came, they defeated Gorkhas and entered into treaties with some Rajas and annexed the kingdoms of the others. things for the most part remained identical untill 1947. once Independence, thirty princely states of the realm were united and Himachal Pradesh was fashioned on fifteenth Apr, 1948. On first Nov, 1966, bound areas happiness to geographical region were enclosed in Himachal Pradesh. On twenty fifth Jan, 1971, Himachal Pradesh was created a full-fledged State.
The State is bordered by Jammu & Kashmir on North, Punjab on West, Haryana on South, Uttar Pradesh on South-East and China on the East.
Brief Information of Himachal Pradesh in hindi
- Himachal Pradesh (Himachal Pradesh) was established on January 25, 1971
- Himachal Pradesh literally means “province of snowy mountains”
- Himachal Pradesh has an area of 55,673 sq km
- Number of districts in the state is 12
- The largest cities in Yehah is Shimla, Kullu, and Kangra.
- Major crops of this variety are wheat, rice, corn, pulses, tea, and fruit
- Monal is the state’s political bird
- The state’s state animal is the musk deer
- State flower of the state is lotus
- State’s state is Peepal
- Literacy rate in the state is approximately 83.78 percent
- Himachal Pradesh’s main business is agriculture. Agriculture plays an important role in the state’s economy
- Major languages of the state include Hindi, Kangri, Pahari, Punjabi and Mandyali
- Five rivers flow in Himachal Pradesh
- There is only assembly in Himachal Pradesh which has 68 members, this is 4 Lok Sabha seats and 3 seats in the Rajya Sabha.
- The High Court of Himachal Pradesh was established in 1971.
- The length of the roads in the state is about 36264 km
- Two National Parks in Himachal Pradesh are the Great Himalayan National Park and the National Park of Pin Valley.
- In Himachal Pradesh, only two railway lines are Pathan Kot-Jogindar Nagar and Shimla-Kalka.
- Shimla Summer Festival, Lohadi, Holi, Basant Panchami, Shivarani, Nalwari Fair, Baisakhi, are the main festivals celebrated here.