Safdarjung's Tomb: The ancient tomb of Delhi Know Everything about it....
India is a country of variation where people of every religion and caste live because of their size it is one of the largest countries in the world which includes many states and islands. Every state has its own art for its ancient culture so one is famous for its environment is quite different from each other. The Capital of India is also famous for its politics and historic buildings here in the world. is. Safdarjung's tomb in the country's capital is famous for its artwork and historical events.
Safdarjung Makbarra Safdarjung Road and Aurobindo Marg built in the Mughal empire style in India is located on the Chamber of New Delhi which is quite attractive and charming. This tomb built in the garden was built in about 1753- 54.
Safdarjung was the second Nawab of Awadh and in 1739 he succeeded his uncle Sadat Khan. Safdarjung died in 1753.
Safdarjung's Tomb Delhi Timings
|Monday||7:00 am – 5:00 pm|
|Tuesday||7:00 am – 5:00 pm|
|Wedesday||7:00 am – 5:00 pm|
|Thursday||7:00 am – 5:00 pm|
|Friday||7:00 am – 5:00 pm|
|Saturday||7:00 am – 5:00 pm|
|Sunday||7:00 am – 5:00 pm|
Interesting facts about Safdarjung's Tomb:
- The real name of Safdarjung was Mirza Muqim Abul Mansur Khan who was born in 1708 AD in a well-known family of Persia.
- In 1722 AD Safdarjung came to India after which in the year 1748 AD he was made the Mughal Emperor as the Prime Minister (Wazir) of the Mughal Empire.
- After a war in 1753 AD Safdarjung was freed from the Mughal empire and Delhi some time after which he died in 1754 AD.
- In the year 1754 Nawab Shujaad Daula son of Safdarjung had begun building a tomb for his father in Delhi with permission from the Mughal Emperor and made it ready in the same year.
- The tomb of Safdarjung has been built in Mughal architecture. The structure of the tomb was built by an Ethiopian architect.
- This tomb is spread over an area of 300 sq. Km which is surrounded by gardens and chairs all around.
- The famous wooden straps used in this famous tomb are brought from the tomb of Abdul Rahim Khashana.
- This tomb is surrounded by Bago from the four sides whose number is about 4 in which beautiful flowers and trees have been planted.
- This mausoleum is one of the tallest tombs in Delhi it has a height of about nine floors.
- This tombs contain a lot of fun things in which the most interesting 5-part mask behind this is the mystery of a large platform with hidden stairs.
- This tomb contains many entrances but its largest entrance is situated in the north which is almost two floors high.
- Many dome is also made in this tomb but the most prominent dome is located above the central chamber which is made in the area of about 28 sq.m. which is used in the construction of this dome red and brown color has been used.
- The main chamber of this tomb is the central chamber which is square the Safdarjung grave is built in the middle of this room.
- Between 1823 and 1826 Bishop Reginald Heber of Calcutta examined them by looking at the light brown color inside the tomb and found that the colors of the food were used to color the rooms.
- This tomb is the last of the historic buildings built by the Mughals.
How to Reach Safdarjung's Tomb: One can avail cabs auto rickshaws local buses from different points of the city to reach the Garden Tomb; avail metro – nearest station Jor Bagh; avail conducted tours arranged by travel agencies and hotels that include sightseeing of the monument in their itinerary.
Short information About Safdarjung's Tomb
- Location: Airforce Golf Course Delhi Race Club New Delhi Delhi 110021
- Nearest Metro Station: Jor Bagh Metro Station at a distance of nearly 1.8 kilometres from Safdarjungs Tomb.
- Architectural style: Mughal architecture.
- Visiting Time: Open 07:00 am to Close 06:00 pm (all days)
- Entry Fee: Rs. 20/- (Indians) Rs. 200/- (foreigners)
- Photography: Nil (Rs. 25/- for video filming)
- Famous For: History Photography Tourism.
- Visit Duration: No Limit except the opening and closing timings.
BEST TIME TO VISIT:
Delhi tourism catch up its pace mainly during winters as summers are quite hot in here. Also evening time between 4pm to 6pm when sun is not too harsh is also favorable to spend a quality time with friends and family at the Safdarjung Tomb.
List of Delhi Metro Route Maps
The capital of India is Delhi-NCR's metro rail transport system, operated by Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Limited, millions of people ride every day on the Delhi Metro.
Here we have tried to show the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) and Delhi Metro Map, better ways of fare and connectivity related information. And in keeping with the vision of the Delhi Metro, the purpose of which is to make a public-friendly transport system. With this facility, people will easily find Delhi Metro Route, Line, Platform and all information related to rent.
Delhi Metro is the largest and busiest metro in India, and the world's 9th longest Metro system is in the longest and 16th largest ride, the network has eight color-coded regular lines, with a total length of 317 kilometers (197 miles) Which serves 229 stations (Airport Express Line and Interchange Stations, including 6 stations). You can get all the details by clicking on the metro line below.
- Delhi Metro Orange Line
The Airport Express Line or Delhi Airport Metro Express is a Delhi Metro line from New Delhi Metro Station to Dwarka Sector 21, linking the Indira Gandhi International Airport.
- Delhi Metro Green Line
The Delhi Metro Green Line consists of 17 metro stations starting from Inderlok and Mundka. The length of the complete line is 18.46 Km. A branch line connecting the line's from Ashok Park Main station with Kirti Nagar station on the Blue Line
- Delhi Metro Blue Line
The Delhi Metro Blue Line consists of 44 metro stations starting from Dwarka Sector 21 and ending at Noida City Center. The Length of the complete line is 50.56 Km. An additional branch line is also incorporated from Vaishali to Yamuna Bank, with a length of 6.25 km.
- Delhi Metro Red Line
The Delhi Metro Red Line consists of 21 metro stations starting from Dilshad Garden and ending at Rithala. The Length of the complete line is 25.15 Km. The line connects East-Northeast-North-Northwest Delhi.
- Airport Express Line
Delhi Airport Metro Express Line of Delhi Metro runs between New Delhi Metro Station to Dwarka Sector 21. Also known as the Orange Line, the total length of this line is 22.7 Km.
- Delhi Metro Violet Line
The Delhi Metro Voilet Line (Badarpur metro line) consists of 16 metro stations starting from and Central Secretariat station of Voilet Line with Badarpur. The Length of the complete line is 20.16 Km.
- Delhi Metro Yellow Line
The Delhi Metro Yellow Line consists of 34 metro stations starting from Jahangirpuri in Delhi to HUDA City Centre in the neighboring city of Gurgaon. The Yellow Line is that the second Line of the Delhi Metro and therefore the initial underground line.Its 44.36 kilometres (27.56 mi) long and Run From North to South and connects Jahangirpuri with HUDA City Center in Gurgaon.
- Delhi Metro Pink Line
The newly inaugurated stretch is part of the 59-km-long pink line, which spans from Majlis Park to Shiv Vihar. With this, only a 1.4-km stretch between Mayur Vihar Pocket-1 and Trilokpuri Sanjay Lake stations remain to be linked.
- Delhi Metro Magenta Line
With the commencement of this section, the operation will begin on 38.2 km long caridor between Janakpuri West and Botanical Gardens. In this line, the changing of Metro will be in Janakpuri West and Hauz Khas.
- SAFDARJUNG TOMB TO LODHI GARDEN
- SAFDARJUNG TOMB PHOTOGRAPHY
- SAFDARJUNG TOMB TICKET CHARGES
- KEY FEATURES OF SAFDARJUNG TOMB
- SAFDARJUNG TOMB TICKET ONLINE
- TOMB IN DELHI
- SAFDARJUNG TOMB PARKING
- SAFDARJUNG TOMB FACTS
- BEST TIME TO VISIT SAFDARJUNG TOMB
- INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT SAFDARJUNG&#039;S TOMB
- SAFDARJUNG&#039;S TOMB DELHI TIMINGS
- NEAREST METRO STATION TO TOMB OF SAFDARJUNG