Raj Ghat: Know Interesting Facts About Raj Ghat in Delhi
Who does not know about the Rajghat of Delhi is the site of Mahatma Gandhi's place so that after his assassination on January 30 1948 this place is situated on the bank of Yamuna River reminds him of his untiring efforts and contribution towards India's independence.
This site equipped with a lush orchard has become the center of attraction of the salon where many tourists visit thousands of distances from a distance the salon can enjoy the charming atmosphere here.
We all often see many Indian and foreign tourists being offered flowers at Mahatma Gandhi's tomb. This shows the significance of this place from the fact that any migratory delegation who came to India has come to Raj Ghat and is dedicated to the Pushpangali. To respect and honor Mahatma Gandhi it is mandatory and as per the respect before every visitor enters the Memorial site they are removed there shoes.
Not only is there the sight of Mahatma Gandhi's memorial but there are also monuments of many other important politicians who have ruled India near this shrine site. Among them include Shantivan of Jawaharlal Nehru Vijayghat of Lal Bahadur Shastri the power station of Indira Gandhi the place of unity of Giani Jail Singh and the heroic land of Rajiv Gandhi.
Tourist Attractions in Raj Ghat
The samadhi of Mahatma Gandhi a priest of non-violence reminds him of his simple and struggling life. There is also a lush garden. Where the lovers can enjoy the charming atmosphere of this place. The Gandhi Museum is near Rajghat. Where a unique collection of many things related to Mahatma Gandhi fascinates the tourists. Rajghat is also able to see Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru's Samadhi Shanti One Samadhi of Lal Bahadur Shastri Vijay Ghat and Samadhi Shakti Kendra of Mrs. Indira Gandhi.
Interesting and important information about Raj Ghat:
- Mahatma Gandhi's Samadhi Rajghat has been built with black stone and the place where this Samadhi was made Mahatma Gandhi's last rites were performed.
- This monument is made up of a square structure made of black marble and a flame always keeps burning near this tombstone.
- Rajghat is located on the banks of river Yamuna in Delhi there are two museums which will take you back in the old time if you are going to Rajghat then you must definitely go to see these museums too. This museum will inspire you with every aspect of India's independence.
- The last words of Gandhiji "Hey Ram" are inscribed on the black marble and those decorated with yellow marigold
- Every year a special function is organized on Gandhi's birthday and death anniversary
- There is also a Gandhi Memorial Museum where a film is shown – between 9:30 am and 5:30 pm except on Thursday – about his life and philosophy. It is also presented on Sunday in Hindi at 4 pm and at 5 pm it is shown in English.
- From Prime Minister to the President on 2 October big leaders of the country come here to pay homage to Bapu
- Here prayers are organized every Friday in memory of Mahatma Gandhi because he was murdered on Friday.
- Rajghat is spread over a large area where many big celebrities of the world have planted trees including Queen Elizabeth II US President Eisenhower Australian Prime Minister Gough Whitman and Vietnam's big leader Ho Chi Minh.
- Besides Mahatma Gandhi's samadhi in Rajghat there is also a tomb of other big leaders of the country. In the north of Rajghat India's first Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru's samadhi is located peacefully.
- The tomb of Prime Minister of India Rajiv Gandhi is also situated in the north of Rajghat. Rajiv Gandhi was shot dead in 1991.
- Rajghat is also located near K R Narayan Memorial Solidarity site and the Memorial Power Station of Lal Bahadur Shastri.
Time - 6.30 am to 6 pm
Entry into this Memorial - is free.
Camera fee - nothing.
Address: Behind Red Fort New Delhi Delhi 110006
Phone: 011 2567 5609
Metro: (Pragati Maidan Metro Station)
Railway Station: New Delhi
Location: Mahatma Gandhi Marg (Ring Rd.) Delhi India
Best Time to Visit Raj Ghat
Fiends Are you planning to visit during the summer season there is huge amount of humidity and heat of the city can cause dehydration. As We Know the Monsoons are always a hindrance for outdoor sightseeing. Thus it is better to You to come this place in the winter season. As we Know the Winter Season starts in Month of October and ends in March. The climate is pleasing and clear for sightseeing and You can stay for some time is this Green Place And If you visit during the anniversary of any of the leaders whose memorial is found hereThere you can get a crowded and you can even watch people paying their tribute.
Tourist Attractions Near Raj Ghat
After roaming around Rajghat near Rajghat you can also visit other tourist sites near you. You can go to Veer Land Sangram Bhawan National Gandhi Museum Gandhi Smarak Nidhi Samata Sitar Ferozeshah Kotla Fort and Kisan Ghat.
Entry Fee and Visiting Time of Raj Ghat
Rajghat is open throughout the day and throughout the complete year. And No entry charge or camera charge is imposed on any of the visitors.
How to reach Raj Ghat
By Air - Delhi is Indira Gandhi Airport from where you can reach Rajghat via metro bus or cab
By Rail - New Delhi Railway Station and Old Delhi Railway Station Rajghat is closest to these railway stations from major cities of the country There is a direct train service for the station.
By Road: Due to being the capital of India Delhi is directly connected to the major cities of the country. You can also reach here via the tour operator bus or private operator of the state government in Delhi.
List of Delhi Metro Route Maps
The capital of India is Delhi-NCR's metro rail transport system, operated by Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Limited, millions of people ride every day on the Delhi Metro.
Here we have tried to show the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) and Delhi Metro Map, better ways of fare and connectivity related information. And in keeping with the vision of the Delhi Metro, the purpose of which is to make a public-friendly transport system. With this facility, people will easily find Delhi Metro Route, Line, Platform and all information related to rent.
Delhi Metro is the largest and busiest metro in India, and the world's 9th longest Metro system is in the longest and 16th largest ride, the network has eight color-coded regular lines, with a total length of 317 kilometers (197 miles) Which serves 229 stations (Airport Express Line and Interchange Stations, including 6 stations). You can get all the details by clicking on the metro line below.
- Delhi Metro Orange Line
The Airport Express Line or Delhi Airport Metro Express is a Delhi Metro line from New Delhi Metro Station to Dwarka Sector 21, linking the Indira Gandhi International Airport.
- Delhi Metro Green Line
The Delhi Metro Green Line consists of 17 metro stations starting from Inderlok and Mundka. The length of the complete line is 18.46 Km. A branch line connecting the line's from Ashok Park Main station with Kirti Nagar station on the Blue Line
- Delhi Metro Blue Line
The Delhi Metro Blue Line consists of 44 metro stations starting from Dwarka Sector 21 and ending at Noida City Center. The Length of the complete line is 50.56 Km. An additional branch line is also incorporated from Vaishali to Yamuna Bank, with a length of 6.25 km.
- Delhi Metro Red Line
The Delhi Metro Red Line consists of 21 metro stations starting from Dilshad Garden and ending at Rithala. The Length of the complete line is 25.15 Km. The line connects East-Northeast-North-Northwest Delhi.
- Airport Express Line
Delhi Airport Metro Express Line of Delhi Metro runs between New Delhi Metro Station to Dwarka Sector 21. Also known as the Orange Line, the total length of this line is 22.7 Km.
- Delhi Metro Violet Line
The Delhi Metro Voilet Line (Badarpur metro line) consists of 16 metro stations starting from and Central Secretariat station of Voilet Line with Badarpur. The Length of the complete line is 20.16 Km.
- Delhi Metro Yellow Line
The Delhi Metro Yellow Line consists of 34 metro stations starting from Jahangirpuri in Delhi to HUDA City Centre in the neighboring city of Gurgaon. The Yellow Line is that the second Line of the Delhi Metro and therefore the initial underground line.Its 44.36 kilometres (27.56 mi) long and Run From North to South and connects Jahangirpuri with HUDA City Center in Gurgaon.
- Delhi Metro Pink Line
The newly inaugurated stretch is part of the 59-km-long pink line, which spans from Majlis Park to Shiv Vihar. With this, only a 1.4-km stretch between Mayur Vihar Pocket-1 and Trilokpuri Sanjay Lake stations remain to be linked.
- Delhi Metro Magenta Line
With the commencement of this section, the operation will begin on 38.2 km long caridor between Janakpuri West and Botanical Gardens. In this line, the changing of Metro will be in Janakpuri West and Hauz Khas.
- RAJ GHAT DELHI
- ATTRACTION RAJ GHAT NEW DELHI
- RAJ GHAT HISTORY
- DELHI TRAVEL GUIDE
- RAJGHAT IN DELHI
- RAJGHAT OF NEW DELHI
- DELHI RAJGHAT
- DELHI&#039;S RAJGHAT
- ABOUT RAJGHAT
- RAJGHAT AT DELHI
- RAJGHAT ADDRESS
- RAJGHAT ENTRY FEES
- RAJGHAT TIMINGS
- RAJGHAT LOCATION