New Delhi: It is the time of the year when you pack your bags, fuel up your jeeps and go wherever the road takes you. Well, not really. You might be enjoying your cozy winters under the warm blankets and looking out for Santa, but it is time for you to pull up your socks and get riding to the beautiful destinations in India during winters.
Here are five breathtaking road trips that you must try this winter:
1. Manali-Leh Highway: Manali is definitely one of the best tourist destinations in India but have you ever tried the Manali-Leh Highway. If you haven’t then you are seriously missing out something in your life. Get a jeep or a SUV and ride down the road full of adventure, snow, scrub forest and you will attain absolute bliss.
2. NH 212: Ready for some wildlife adventure? Fasten your speed belts and drive along the NH 212 to experience the most amazing Western Ghats of India. The highway connects Kozhikode in Kerala to Kollegal in Karnataka via Mysore. Best experienced with friends!
3. Guwahati to Tawang: This is where you will get the cultural surprise! If you are those who find pleasure in small things like road side tea stalls, momos and also the magnificent nature then Tawang is the answer.
4. Rohtang Pass: This is exactly where Kareena Kapoor danced to the tunes of ‘Yeh Isq Hai’ in the movie ‘Jab We Met’. Now, you know why Rohtang is in this list. A Royal Enfield is enough to travel through these snow mountains and exploit this explicit beauty.
5. Ooty to Coonoor: You will definitely fall in love with the serene Nilgiris. Ooty to Coonoor barely takes 45 minutes but the hills and astounding tea gardens along the road won’t let you drive down to Coonoor so easily. Don’t forget to get the famous King Star home made chocolates. They are just ‘HEAVEN’.